As many of you know, the Notorious Scoundrels have started a campaign on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzO7C8-h6GM&t=26s
Today we’re going to take a look at the rules for the Campaign that we’re using!
The Notorious Scoundrels Map Campaign (Alpha Edition)
First – we’re using the map from Star Wars: Rebellion:
We also are using several pieces from the game and it’s expansion(Though feel free to use whatever proxies you want for the heroes):
- 21 Stormtrooper Models
- 21 Rebel Trooper Models
- Rebel Loyalty Markers
- Imperial Loyalty Markers
- Imperial Hero Tokens: Krennic, Veers, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Boba Fett, Jabba the Hutt (Proxy for Bossk), Soontir Fel (Proxy for Iden Versio)
- Rebel Hero Tokens: Leia, Han, Chewie, Chirrut (Proxy for Sabine), Luke Skywalker, Jedi Luke Skywalker, Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor
We then laid out the board as follows:
- Mon Calamari – Rebel Loyalty, 1 Rebel Trooper
- Felucia – Rebel Loyalty, 1 Rebel Trooper
- Saleucami – Rebel Loyalty, 1 Rebel Trooper
- Yavin – Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, Luke Skywalker, 3 Rebel Troopers
- Kessel – Rebel Loyalty, 1 Rebel Trooper
- Toydaria – Rebel Loyalty, 1 Rebel Trooper
- Nal Hutta – Rebel Loyalty, 1 Rebel Trooper
- Bothawui – Rebel Loyalty, 1 Rebel Trooper
- Tatooine – Boba Fett, Jabba (Bossk Proxy), 2 Stormtroopers
- Rodia – Imperial Loyalty, 1 Stormtrooper
- Ryloth – Rebel Loyalty, 1 Rebel Trooper
- Geonosis – Imperial Loyalty, 1 Stormtrooper
- Dathomir – 1 Rebel Trooper
- Mandalore – Rebel Loyalty, Chirrut (Sabine), 3 Rebel Troopers
- Kashyyyk – Rebel Loyalty, Han Solo, Chewie, 3 Rebel Troopers
- Malastare – Imperial Loyalty, 1 Stormtrooper
- Naboo – Imperial Loyalty, 1 Stormtrooper
- Utapau – Imperial Loyalty, 1 Stormtrooper
- Dagobah – Empty
- Sullust – Imperial Loyalty, 1 Stormtrooper
- Dantooine – Empty
- Mygeeto – Imperial Loyalty, 1 Stormtrooper
- Ord Mantell – Imperial Loyalty, 1 Stormtrooper
- Ilum – Empty
- Alderaan – Rebel Loyalty, Leia Organa, 3 Rebel Troopers
- Cato Neimoidia – Imperial Loyalty, 1 Stormtrooper
- Corellia – Imperial Loyalty, Krennic, Veers, 3 Stormtroopers
- Coruscant – Imperial Loyalty, Palpatine, Soontir Fel(Iden), 4 Stormtroopers
- Bespin – Rebel Loyalty, 1 Rebel Trooper
- Mustafar – Imperial Loyalty, Darth Vader, 3 Stormtroopers
- Hoth – Empty
- Endor – Empty
It should look like this:
Each side has 12 Loyal Planets. A planet becomes Loyal if at the end of the turn you have a Rebel Trooper or Stormtrooper on it and your opponent does not. Each game turn proceeds as follows:
- The Attacker moves three game pieces up to one adjacent space. (This could be 3 stormtrooper models, 3 Heroes, or any combination thereof)
- This can be in different places. For instance the Rebels could send Leia and a Rebel Trooper to Coruscant and Han to Malastare.
- The Defender moves three game pieces up to one adjacent space.
- Same Rules as Attacker
- The Attacker then picks one place where there is both a Rebel Trooper and Stormtrooper to have a battle.
- Battle step
- Each side gets an 800 pt army of their choosing
- The Defender is ALWAYS blue player
- You may only use the heroes that are present in the space. If there no Heroes present, you must use a Generic Commander.
- You may use R2D2/C3PO if Leia Organa or Luke Skywalker are present and in the list.
- You may use K2SO if Cassian Andor is present and in the list.
- Whoever loses the battle removes 1 of their Stormtroopers or Rebel Troopers from the Space the battle took place.
- Any Planets switch loyalty that are eligible (They have the opposite factions troopers on them but none of their own)
The Attacker is the Rebel Player(s) on Turn 1. It then alternates every turn. (So Imperials will be the attacker on turn 2, Rebels on 3, and so on)
The Campaign ends when during step 5 of a turn, one side or player controls 18 Loyal Planets. If no one has won, proceed to another turn.
Darth Vader- You may only use Commander Vader in this Campaign as he is leading armies, not hunting Jedi.
Jedi Luke – If at any point Luke Skywalker makes it to Dagobah, replace his token with the Jedi Luke Token. You may use the Operative Luke Unit in your game instead of the Commander Luke. (And thus you may only use Commander Luke prior)
We havn’t finished our campaign yet(In fact we are far from it). I’m sure there will be situations that crop up where we will need to tweak the rules, but for now this is what we’re working with. This is a really simple map based campaign – you could do a lot to it to add flavor (Give each planet special rules and such). You could add Armada battles in too!
The possibilities are really endless(right Endless?), let us know if you try it out and what modifications you use! We’d love to see your campaign ideas!
Until Next Time – May the Dark side be with you, Always
Michael “Dashz” Barry